Last min guests? Want something that isn't time consuming and doesn't compromise on taste? Then this is the perfect snack to serve. Whether it's for afternoon tea, a starter (or anytime of day for that matter!) A modern take, on this tangy and spicy street food.
SERVES: 6 TIME TO MAKE: 20 MINS
2 cups puffed rice
1/4 cup sev
1-2 large boiled potato
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp roasted cumin powder (Jeera)
2 tsp chaat masala
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 cup fresh coriander (Dhania)
1) Grab a big mixing bowl and start by chopping up your onion, tomato and boiled potato
2) Roast your Cumin in a pan, till you start to smell the aroma (but be warned it burns very quickly)
3) Dry roast the puffed rice in a pan and add to the bowl of chopped ingredients
4) Add the pomegranate seeds, chaat masala, chilli powder, lemon juice and mix everything together till you start seeing the beautiful colours burst through
5) Sprinkle the fresh coriander over the mix and serve
This is something that should be made and mixed fresh before serving otherwise it can get soggy!