Fluffy Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes
In just 20 minutes, you’ll have fluffy, tender, wholesome pancakes that just happen to taste like chocolate cake. Does life get any better?
- 300g plain flour
- 32g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 23ml coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 tbsp syrup
- 300ml almond milk
- 45g chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a seperate bowl combine the syrup, vanilla extract and melted coconut oil. Now add the milk and whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gentle fold everything together. Add in the chocolate chips and fold till you get a batter consistency. If too thick add more milk and if too thin then add more flour.
- Heat a pan with some coconut oil and cook till the surface looks dry and starts to bubble and fluff up. Flip and cook the other side.
- These pancakes are delicious on their own or with a variety of toppings.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.