Indo-Chinese Chilli Paneer
This dish is one of my specialities. A combination of those sweet and sour flavours, combined with the earthy spices and chillies - and so easy to make!
- 100g Cornflour
- Rapeseed oil
- 500g paneer
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red onion
- 6 fresh green chillies
- 1 tbsp of chopped ginger + garlic
- 2 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 6 tbsp Soya Sauce
- Dash of chilli sauce
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Spring Onions for decoration
- In a bowl, toss the paneer into the cornflour and completely coat.
- Shallow fry the paneer till it starts to turn golden. Remove and place onto kitchen towel to absorb any access oil.
- In a separate pan add 1 tbsp of oil and cook the garlic and ginger for 5 minutes till they start to go golden. Then add the chillies.
- Add the cooked paneer into the pan, with the Soya Sauce, Tomato Ketchup and Chinese Five Spice. Give it a good mix.
- Add the peppers and onions and cook for 20 minutes.
- If you find it sticking then add some water (this adds to the stickiness of the sauce) rather than more oil.
- Serve with a sprinkle of spring onions and coriander.