Packed full of goodness and warmth this dish is the perfect dish for Winter.
For the paste:
- 6 red chillies
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 lemongrass sticks chopped
- 3cm galangal or ginger
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tsp shrimp paste
- handful of cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
For the curry:
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp laksa paste
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 2 carrots cut into thin strips
- Any other veg you wish to add
- 300g vermicelli rice noodles
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Red chillies & spring onions to garnish
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blitz to form a paste.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and add your homemade laksa paste. Fry gently for 2 minutes to cook off the paste.
- Add the coconut milk and stock and bring to the boil.
- Add all the vegetables (I added broccoli, carrots, courgette, mangetout, baby corn and green beans) and simmer for 10 minutes till the vegetables start to soften. (I like my vegetables to still have some crunch to them.)
- Add the rice noodles and cook for 3 minutes till they start to soften.
- Serve and garnish with red chillies, spring onions and some fresh coriander.