Chipotle Chicken Wings
These spicy chicken wings are delicious baked, grilled or done on the bbq.
- 2 tbsp chipotle paste (either homemade
or you can buy in most supermarkets)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1kg Chicken wings
- Mix the chipotle paste, oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger and lime juice in a bowl to form a paste. You can blitz together in a blender if you prefer it completely smooth.
- Keep a tbsp of the mixture aside for later.
- Add the chicken wings and mix it through so that they are all coated in the marinade.
- Keep in the fridge overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours so that the flavours really get into the chicken.
- When you are ready to cook them, bake in the oven for 15 minutes either side.
- Brush the mixture you kept aside earlier over the chicken wings in the last 10 minutes. This is to give the chicken a nice sticky glaze.
- Serve with some wedges of lime.