The perfect recipe for the weekend. Delicious herby potatoes, bacon and can be eaten on it's own or as a sideline to eggs.
This recipe serves 4
- 8 rashers bacon
- Rapeseed oil
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- Italian seasoning
- Fresh red chillies
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Peel and boil the potatoes for 10-15 minutes. Then drain and leave aside to cool.
- While the potatoes are boiling, fry the bacon in a pan and leave aside.
- Chop the onions and peppers.
- In the same pan as you cooked the bacon, brown the garlic, onions and green pepper.
- Add some Italian herbs or mixed seasoning.
- Chop the potatoes into bitesize cubes and add to the pan.
- Mix everything together and cook for a further 10 minutes. If you want to crisp up the potatoes, pop the pan into the grill for 5-10 minutes so you get a crispy coating.
- Serve with a sprinkle of spring onions and red chillies.